Clasped weft table runner


More of a table centre piece, it doesn't quite have the length of a runner. This is the piece I wove for my recent rigid heddle clasped weft video tutorial.


I dyed the cottons specifically for this project. I wanted a good contrast between the variegated rainbow and the blues.


I love the clasped weft technique, the finished product and the process of randomly incorporating lengths of colour.


I hemstitched whilst on the loom so that the piece would sit flat on the table.


If you like this piece as much as I do it is available to purchase in my Etsy shop. And if you want to give the technique a go yourself please take the time to watch my video, it's not as scary as it looks!

6 comments:

Nanna Chel said...

I love those colours, Kelly. Your work is so very inspiring.

Sue Elvis said...

Kelly,

I watched your video to see how you made your table runner. It is an excellent video. You explained everything very clearly. I don't think I will become a weaver, but I still enjoyed your video very much. I love the colours in the runner. I wonder if you ever want to keep your creations instead of selling them.

Sophie said...

I love how bright your runner is! Purple is my second favourite colour. I will have to watch your video.

Kelly Casanova said...

Thank you for taking the time to watch Sue. If I really want to keep something I've made, then I do! But, when I make a sale I get to buy more yarn and keep weaving, so it's a pretty good deal :)

http://customwritinglab.com/ said...

I'm absolutely amazed with this bright and beautiful runner! It looks so cool.

Betsy said...

It’s lovely and I think it looks great on the table

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.