Weaving WIP


The cooler weather and wet, gloomy days are doing wonders for my weaving enthusiasm! The loom just looks so bare when it's undressed, so I'm getting organised with two new projects I've had in mind for ages.


First up is a little draped poncho thing for my youngest daughter. I'm not exactly sure how this will pan out yet, but I've dyed some brighter than intended wool yarn for the warp and am going to tone it down with some "baby pink" for the weft. 

I'm just a wee bit excited about these new projects and hope that if they turn out well I can do some for my lately neglected Etsy shop as well. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Sue Elvis said...

Kelly,

I'm looking forward to seeing the poncho. It will be a very cheery piece of clothing for a grey day, I'm sure! I'm knitting Gemma-Rose a hooded cape at the moment. I keep imagining how snuggly and beautiful it will look, but progress so far has been very slow. I think your poncho will be finished long before my cape!

Kelly Casanova said...

A knitted poncho, how admirable! I've always wanted to knit something that large but couldn't imagine how long it would take me to finish. I'm not trying to be discouraging, I'm just a really slow knitter!

Unknown said...

wow what zingy bright yarn, looking forward to seeing how it looks with the pink weft :)

Nanna Chel said...

I can't wait to see the poncho, Kelly. Your work always looks so lovely.

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.