Cauliflower muffins


They're not actually muffins, but I don't know what else to call them. They were a happy accident. I was steaming cauliflower with the intention of crumbing and baking. But I had too many things going at once and oversteamed it so it was soft. Wondering what to do, I tried this experiment and it worked! 

Ingredients
1 cauliflower, broken into florets and steamed until fairly soft
2 eggs
3 rashers of bacon, chopped into small pieces
parmesan cheese - the amount varies to taste, but 1/4 to 1/2 cup roughly
Breadcrumbs to top
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 180 degrees (C). Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin with oil or butter.

Steam the cauliflower and mash with a potato masher. Allow to cool for 15 minutes. Stir in the bacon, cheese, salt and pepper to taste and beaten eggs. Mix thoroughly.

Fill each muffin cavity with the mixture and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Place in the oven until golden brown, around 25 - 30 minutes.

Ease each "muffin" out of the tin with a spoon and serve :) They make a great accompaniment to any meal.


2 comments:

Sophie said...

These look really delicious! I'd love to try them sometime.

Lone Kereru said...

Oh yum. You're making me hungry! lol

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.