Some favourite photos from this week


Black and white.


Colour. 






I often lament that I live in part of a conglomeration of suburbs that sometimes stretch on endlessly with little to differentiate between them. I think "if I lived on the coast, as I dream I will one day, I could take the most magnificent photos!" But in the meantime, if you look around a lot, there are still many things to inspire. 
One of my aims in starting a photography course was to improve the photos I take of my family. Well, the kids are always with me and they are willing subjects, so I shouldn't complain! And, my portraits have improved a lot in just a couple of months. 
Yesterday we went to our local sensory gardens for the older kids to work on their movie. While they were shooting with the video camera, I got busy with my camera and my littlest model (who loves having her photo taken thankfully!) In a relatively short amount of time I brought home a lot of shots that I really like. 
The module I'm working on now is going to be a challenging one - low key and high key shots. I'll let you know how I progress :)

3 comments:

Sue Elvis said...

Kelly,

Your photos are stunning. I especially like the B&W portrait (though the coloured version is good as well!) You are capturing some wonderful memories. Every improving photographer needs a willing model. Your youngest daughter is doing a wonderful job posing for you!

Kelly Casanova said...

Thank you for your encouragement Sue, and yes, it certainly helps having a very willing and photogenic model!

Nanna Chel said...

Kelly your photos are looking great. I am also a fan of black and white. It sounds like the course is paying off.

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.