Sunday, September 23, 2012

From the print studio

Some experiments that turned out pretty well!


Hand dyed homespun with husband's lino prints. Looks kinda oriental don't you think? I like this one so much I'm going to make myself a bag with it :)


Hand dyed cotton lawn with linocut prints. Pretty.


Not sure I like black prints on the blue here, but it was an experiment after all!


 I finally finished this UFO. I did the Maisy in wool felt and embroidery over a year ago to go with the quilt and hadn't gotten around to making it up into a cushion.


It always feels great to finish something you started.


My littlest girl loves having a matching cushion for her quilt!

It was easy to do too - just traced the picture from a Maisy picturebook, cut out all the separate pieces and traced them on to wool felt. Things like the stripes on the pants, whiskers and bicycle spokes were embroidered.

No comments: