Rest is good


I haven't been well for a couple of days but in a few ways it's been a good thing. My husband was able to stay home to care for the children. I was able to rest, like, actual bed rest! I even napped!

I knitted. I read. I dozed.


The children brought me flowers in bed. They climbed up and hugged me and told me stories and looked at me with smiling concern.


I'd almost forgotten how much I enjoy reading. I finished off Perelandra by C.S. Lewis and almost finished The Pilgrim's Regress, also by Lewis (not to be confused with The Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan, which is also excellent).  Did you know C.S. Lewis was a total genius?

It's been a good reminder to me. I can't go flat out all the time. I can't always care for everyone else. I need to rest. And my family really, really loves me :)

2 comments:

Jeanneke said...

Lesson learned (you) and taught (by husband and children), about love and care.
Beautifully written post!
Blessings,

Jeanneke.

Very Verdant said...

Aw, I'm glad your family takes such good care of you and glad that you were able to get some rest.

Feel better soon.
Sonja

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.