The Bonnie Babes Foundation


I have joined the Bonnie Babes Foundation as a volunteer. I will be sewing burial gowns for families who have lost a baby through miscarriage, stillbirth or prematurity.

This is a practice gown I made today, I'll be making many more in a few different styles from my own patterns. Making dolls clothes has been a good preparation for this.


It brought tears to my eyes when I realised how tiny the gowns will be. I am so blessed to have safely delivered 4 healthy children. I have lost 2 babies to miscarriage at 10 weeks, but the burden seems very light compared to this reality. I hope my gowns will bring some sort of comfort to the grieving parents who receive them.

5 comments:

Tanya said...

I think you are bloody wonderful for doing this. I have two children and a few early miscarriages after which I decided the pain (psychological) was too difficult to bear and we couldn't keep trying, lots of grief and trying to accept things. Still difficult when your family is not the 'shape' you thought it would be.It would be so lovely to have someone external acknowledge the loss for others, like you are doing in making these. Yey for you and thank you on behalf of where ever they end up because people might not be in the space to remember to say that...

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Oh you are so generous to help out. I worked with SIDS & would cry at every meeting!! I only had one child at that stage but wow, devestating. Listening to mummies talk about losing a baby 25 years ago, breaks your heart as they are STILL so raw. Like you, i hold my 4 healthy children tight, too precious. Happy Mother's Day, love Posie

Eliza said...

How Very Dear of You!
I know the heartbreak. I have two healthy children out of six... The pic you have of you first little dress would have been a bit to big for two of my lost babies. But they would have been precious in something like that...
You will be an Angle to many for your sewing...
Thank you!
Eliza in northern Minnesota USA

nocton4 said...

such a blessing for families heartbroken with loss.
love & care to you xxx

Gill - That British Woman said...

what a wonderful thing for you to do. I am saying a prayer for all those little ones that we never made it.....

Gill in Canada

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.