Avocado

Image from here

It's avocado time here, are you lucky enough to have your own tree? I can't imagine ever being tired of eating these, but perhaps a glut from a laden tree would change my mind. Hmm, on second thoughts, probably not!

As you probably know, avocados don't like exposure to air and brown quickly. Through experimentation I've found an excellent way to store a cut avocado. Plastic wrap (glad wrap) works ok when storing in the fridge, but the best thing to do is this:

 Cut your avocado in two halves. Use the stoneless piece first, leaving the stone in the other half. Keep the skin of the half that you have dug the flesh out of to use and simply sit it back on top of the half with the stone like a lid, pop it in the fridge and it will keep beautifully!

1 comment:

Alisa said...

Great tip. I saw your blog from the foodie blog roll and I love what you have here. If you wont mind I'd love to guide Foodista readers to this post.Just add the foodista widget to the end of this post and it's all set, Thanks!

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.