Moist carrot cake

This is the only carrot cake recipe I use. I make it in the food processor, so its really quick too.
My kids like to eat it plain, but the icing is beautiful too.

1 cup plain flour 1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda (bicarb) 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and cinnamon
3/4 cup sugar 2 eggs
5 tablespoons oil (I use olive oil) 1 cup grated carrot
400g crushed pineapple, drained 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
You can also add some sultanas if you like.

Process all ingredients together then stir in pineapple. Pour into greased and lined round or square tin and bake at 175 degrees celsius for 35 - 40 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.

Cream cheese topping:
3 tablespoons unsalted butter 3 tablespoons cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence 250 grams icing sugar

Beat well together, add a little milk if too thick. Spread on cool cake.

No comments:

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.