Weave Along Round Up

The Krokbragd Mug Rug Weave Along (try saying that with a mouthful of cake!) has been a great success! While many students are still working on their mug rugs and some have yet to start, I have been seeing so many wonderful photos of their work, that I couldn't wait to share.

What I really love is the variety of mug rugs I'm seeing and the range of interpretations of my original design.



Charlotte, who has been with me a long time, and is a very prolific weaver, came up with several variations on the original design. She even figured out how to weave sheep and then shared the draft with the other students, several of whom were inspired to weave their own sheep!


Mary went with some darker colours and white highlights. So lovely!


This is one of Kelly's (a different Kelly!) interpretations. I love that she included many different colours, but that they all work together so harmoniously.


And another, different rug from Kelly. You can see Charlotte's sheep and my tulips (from this Youtube tutorial).


And finally, these beauties from Connie. So lovely!


Robyn decided on a bold and traditional design for this mug rug. Love the colours!

Perhaps you're looking at all these gorgeous mug rugs and wishing you had joined in? No problem, you still can! 
All the details are here.

Thanks to everyone who joined in and threw themselves into the challenge with such gusto, it has been so exciting for me to see.

This weave along leads beautifully into the next class, which will be a krokbragd bag with two heddles. I'm working on that right now, it should be ready in a couple of weeks.

Until next time....

Happy Weaving!





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kelly, The MugRugWal has been so much fun and so inspiring! As you mentioned, I have been with you a long time. That's because of what an amazing teacher you are! Thank you for all you do!
Hugs,
Charlotte

Kelly Casanova said...

Thanks so much, Charlotte!

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.