New Year, new pattern!

Happy New Year to you all! What an exciting time to be alive :)
Although I spent New Year's Eve in bed with a stomach upset, today I feel well and reinvigorated. 

Today I launched a new Etsy pattern and thought I would share some details of the process for you.


I started out with some gorgeous Australian Merino from Bendigo Woollen Mills and dyed it with Landscape dyes. I had a vision of the colour I wanted and it was almost spot on. It's a very hard colour to photograph though, it's not as dark as it appears here. I planned on having the colours split in the dye pot to give a subtle variation in colour and it worked out beautifully.


I absolutely love lace knitting and wanted to create something similar on the loom. A scarf that was light and airy with a pretty pattern and warmth and softness for wearing. 


I wanted all the finished details to tie in well with the design of the scarf, so the hemstitching was pulled extra tight to create space and the fringe was twisted. (See how different the colour looks here to the first photo!)


The end result is so beautiful! I was admiring myself wearing it in the mirror until my daughter came along and asked to try it. Well, it looks sensational on her, just the perfect colour, so she may get to keep it.


The PDF pattern for the scarf is now available in my Etsy shop, ready for you to download and start weaving! 



2 comments:

Nanna Chel said...

What a beautiful scarf, Kelly. I must agree that it is hard to take photos which show the 'right' colour sometimes. I need to learn a lot more about photography I think. Have a wonderful New Year. Glad you are feeling a bit better now.

Kelly Casanova said...

Thank you Nanna Chel, Happy New Year to you!

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.