The Invisible World

I love being asked to review books on my blog but I do have a strict policy that I adhere to: if I don't like the book then I don't review it - I would rather not complete the review than do the author the disservice of giving a bad review.

I was thrilled when Anthony Destefano sent me a copy of his latest book to review but also a little apprehensive because although I have read his marvellous children's literature I had not yet ventured into his adult books.

No fear - I loved the book. It is one of those hard to put down, "wish I had a free day or two to just read this" books.

The Invisible World: Understanding Angels, Demons, and the Spiritual Realities That Surround Us
                                                                                   Image from Amazon

To give an overview, Anthony writes about the unseen world around us - delving into angels, devils and spirits, but it goes much deeper than that. I found the book to be highly intelligent and multi angled.

 Anthony's writing style is personal, but in a brotherly way rather than a distant authoritarian way.
It is pointed, yet not heavy, so an excellent read for a busy Mum like me.

I found the content easy to understand - no new concepts for me but a reiteration of known and some forgotten facts.

The Invisible World would appeal to Christians of all denominations, but also those who are interested in Christianity, death and eternity.

What I have received from reading this book is a reignition of some areas of my faith that had been overlooked and perhaps gone a little cold over time. I've been reminded of invisible forces that shape who I am and what I do.

The final verdict - highly recommended!

2 comments:

::The Beetle Shack:: said...

mmm sounds very interesting, I'll have to hunt down a copy

xo em

Margaret said...

Does sound interesting hope the library has or is going to get it in.

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.