Fish, glorious fish!

Occasionally my husband buys fish from Conways as a treat. I don't know about your part of the world, but here fresh fish is really expensive. I can't fault Conway's for freshness though, better than you can get at the Queen Vic Market.


These are blue grenadier fillets, but use what you like (or what you can afford!) For this one I lay down a generous amount of foil and put the fillet on top. I sliced lemon grass and ginger and sprinkled over the top. Then I warmed about 2 tablespoons of soy sauce with 1 teaspoon of honey and a squeeze of lemon juice and drizzled over the fish. Salt and pepper, then wrap in the foil or pinch the foil together to make a pleat all the way along. Bake for about 20 minutes at 190 degrees celscius then test for doneness.


This one is really easy! Lay out fillet as above then dab some small pieces of butter along the fillet. Salt and pepper it. Lay on some fresh herbs (I used dill and parsley from the garden) then lay on thin slices of lemon. Bake as above and test for doneness.

Healthy and delicious!!

No comments:

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.