For the love of stitching


My introduction to the vast and wonderful world of craft many moons ago was in the form of an old biscuit tin. It was a gift from my mother in law and contained a variety of embroidery threads she had used as a young woman and nurse (before she married and had 10 children!)


Since then I've tried many, many (too many!) crafts, but when all is said and done I find myself content with a needle and thread. Maybe it's being able to produce something beautiful over time. Maybe it's the combination of artistic and needle skills. Probably it's the opportunity for a little bit of therapeutic quiet in a noisy world.

My particular interest is to produce a beautiful thread painting that I'm proud of. I came across some excellent lessons by Mary Corbet at Needle 'N Thread which I'm starting to work through.

Have a great day, I'm off to do some stitching!

4 comments:

zofia said...

I know what you mean. It is contained and much more portable than some crafts and very meditative. I'm enjoying a similar feeling with knitting at the moment...I think it has something to do with the state of my sewing area!
Happy stitching.

Linda said...

I think you have just inspired me to start sewing!

Michelle said...

Happy stitching

Gill - That British Woman said...

I dare not look at that link, as I have so much on my plate at the moment, it's crazy.

I just popped in to say a big thank you for posting on my blog, I really do appreciate it. I have posted more photos as well.

Gill in Canada

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.