Funny things happen while you're away...


The garden was fairly dry when we left but apparently Melbourne had a lot of rain and we've come back to a jungle - like backyard complete with giant zucchinis. The one at the front weighed in at 2.9 kilograms!!  Unfortunately they're not really edible at this size (I've tried!)

I'm working on a few things at the moment. Actually, I just want to plonk myself in front of the sewing machine after my week away, but there is so much else that needs my attention! I'm hoping to finish off a new doll this week, start on a custom order and organise myself for the Crafty Mamas get together on Friday where I'll be teaching doll making for the first time (gulp).

Better get back to it.....

8 comments:

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Far out, they are enormous zucchinis, welcome back to reality & home life again, love Posie

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Far out, they are enormous zucchinis, welcome back to reality & home life again, love Posie

zofia said...

It's going to be fun Kel!
Wow, take them to the local show?
My kids are always fascinated with the giant vegetables!oasie

softearthart said...

Best of luck with the doll making. Cheers Marie

cherri said...

that zucchini is great - the kids must have been surprised!! Looking foward to Friday!

Kylie said...

My FIL stuffs them - I think that they are classed as marrow at this size and save the seeds for next year - that is the size of Zucchini you need to save the seeds:)

Kelly Casanova said...

Great idea Kylie, why didn't I think of that? I'll definitely try both stuffing and seed saving!

narrawallee said...

The zucchini's are huge.
Wish I lived near you would join every body as well. Have fun everybody.

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.