Hooray! Some sewing to show you!




Not one top finished, but two! I started with the Miss Madeline dress pattern for the top half then altered the bottom half (winged it, basically!) This one had to be "green and purple - my favourite colours!"





This one is the Miss Madeline pattern again, only shortened to make a long top instead of a dress. I prettied it up with some hand applique and embroidery.




A close up of the applique and embroidery. Both of the tops are made from Stella knit fabric which I purchased from Crafty Mamas.


I love making clothes for my girls, I find bought tops are cut way too short for little girls these days and pants are cut too low. I want my girls to look stylish but modest.

9 comments:

Gilly said...

Oo they are so pretty!!!

cherri said...

Very nice work! Love the purple one and the embroidery is gorgeous.

Liz said...

They are so cute! And I love the colours :)

Tracy said...

Beautiful!!

willow and moo said...

Lovely work Kel! The embellishments on the red/green top are fabulous!

Therese said...

oh I love them both and I totally agree with you about the modesty issue.

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Cute work, they suit your girls too.
I have 3 tween daughters & some clothing available for them is simply ghastly!! Lucky they are slim & fit into sizes years younger, & often wear dresses as tops, for the length!!
Welcome back to sewing, love Posie

Tracy said...

Just beautiful!

Nell said...

Just so cute - my favourite is the one with the embroidery. Where did you get the Miss Madeline pattern? My new daughter is a miss Madeline and would love to get it to make little dresses for when she is a bit older!

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.