Buy secondhand!

One of my goals for this year is to save money by always looking for a second hand alternative before buying new. Not only will this save me money, but can often mean better quality in the age of the "made in China" sticker. I also think in this throwaway society we waste far too much, and I don't want to contribute to that.

Throughout the year I'm going to keep tabs here on how much I've saved on items that I've bought second hand. Here is the most recent purchase - a used television (no I haven't relented on my views of TV, it's for a new Xbox, not for watching! )

1. Television -

Second hand price $170

New price - Couldn't find an exact price but it would have to be at least $270, more like $300.

Saving - $100

For the record, I looked at used xbox 's but the price was no different, so decided to buy new.

Next purchase - bunk beds.........




Total savings tally for 2010 -     $100

No comments:

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.