A gorgeous day

I woke this morning feeling really tired, but as soon as I peered out the window my spirits were revived. It was a glorious summer's morn.

I felt it would simply be wrong to let the day pass without taking the children out for a picnic. So we packed up some lunch and headed to the local gardens. We found the perfect spot under the shade of a great willow.

The boy took the opportunity to sketch in his art journal.

I love the way he so carefully looks out for his little sisters.


A big old peppercorn tree, just right for climbing.



The gardens are really pretty with little ponds and streams. Intellectually disabled people work here and do a great job helping to maintain the plants.
Thank God for natural beauty and happy days!





3 comments:

Antique Rose Designs said...

We have had some great weather lately looks like you had a great day. Take care Carol

Gill - That British Woman said...

those are super photos......

Gill in Canada

RunninL8 said...

Hey there from Alaska! I’ve been LOVING your blog for awhile! Thought I would introduce myself. Beautiful photos and inspiration found here-thank you!
I’ve been discovering a lot of new (to me) blogs and it’s been wonderful to find so many like minded people!
Feel free to drop by my blog as well. I’ve been enjoying posting more prolifically lately- Advent/holiday gift ideas, recipes, insights and tutorials. http://www.mountainpulse.blogspot.com/
Off I go to peruse more of your blog…-Happy holidays!

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.