I love Autumn!

The little african violets that frazzle and seemingly die over summer have once again returned with their lush growth and vibrant purple flowers. I've spent the morning outdoors raking up the chookyard and laying down fresh straw. We had rain (hooray!) yesterday and lastnight, so the garden is a welcome sight this morning. I had to tell the boy to leave his bookwork and come out into the sun before it disappeared. He willingly obliged and is still out there now. Husband will be pleased to see a wheelbarrow load of compost fodder when he gets home from work.

This striped lily is so pretty, I'm not sure what its called.
Yesterday I finally got around to visiting Stitchery Blue in Williamstown - wow, what a beautiful shop! I think the owner and I share the same taste, I just wanted to buy everything. I was very restrained however, and bought a pattern for some baby/children's hats and a couple of balls of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran. I can honestly say I have never used a finer yarn, I feel like knitting just so I can touch it!
Although the shop is pricey, the staff were very friendly and helpful, it has a great, bustling atmosphere and there was a steady stream of customers. I highly recommend a visit if you're in the area.


No comments:

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.