"Mum, there's nothing to eat!"


Do you ever hear this? I bet you do! You need to do the shopping but haven't had time, you open the pantry and can't see the food that is there from lack of motivation to cook, plus all those other reasons for the dreaded "no food syndrome".

However, when we have a good look around we realise we are usually far from destitute and starving.

Lunchtime today I'm met with the dreaded words so I decided to go for a fossick and see what I could use up. I found:
2 sheets of puff pastry
3 slices of ham
A small portion of cheddar cheese
Butter
Strawberry jam

And here is the result:

Ham and cheese scrolls


Jam scrolls

And some satisfied children :)






No comments:

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.