Cornflake slice recipe (very,very easy!)


Mother in Law's recipes are great - these ladies who cooked on wood stoves (and my MIL still does) and fed the hungry hoards (my MIL had 10 little ones to feed) really knew what they were doing. We "modern" homemakers can learn so much from their ways. This recipe is from my Mum in law :)

125g butter
1 tablespoon honey
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup cornflakes
1 cup desicated coconut

Melt butter and honey together, add to mixed dry ingredients. Place in a shallow slice tin, press. Cook in moderate oven until golden brown (about 15 minutes) and leave in tin to cool. Turn out and cut into squares.

Easy?


8 comments:

baukje said...

yummie, yummie. It's a pity that I cannot eat sugar......

Jenni C's said...

oh i love easy recipes that look so good, written it down..going to give it a try...

Unknown said...

YUM! What a tasty treat. Thanks for sharing.
Sounds like your MIL is a neat lady. Make me think of Tasha Tudor and her wood stove.

Gill - That British Woman said...

Haven't seen this in years, ours was made with golden syrup instead of the honey and no coconut. Don't have any cornflakes in the house, otherwise I would have made this.

Gill in Canada

Jenny said...

Yum. Thank you. Something nice and easy, even I can't burn it!

Kelly Casanova said...

Exactly Jenny, so simple!

Anonymous said...

This recipe is gorgeous if you swap the sugar for Condensed milk, mmmm mmmmm. 😇😇

Kelly Casanova said...

Oooo, I like the condensed milk idea!

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.