A sewist in the making


My 6 year old wanted to give her Grandmother an Easter gift, so I (naturally) suggested a fabric item :) After some discussion we decided she could use my sewing machine for the first time. Great excitement, mixed with some anxiety on my part, followed.


We transferred this beautiful image of Our Lord onto some homespun, sewed on some borders, along with some ribbon for hanging, some wadding and backing. I was surprised how quickly she got a feel for the machine. I was pleased too.

Having completed the wallhanging ready to gift to her Gran on the Easter weekend, we received a card from the dear lady herself and were amused to see she had chosen this very same image for our card! We think she'll like it!



1 comment:

Rainbow Made said...

What a beautiful gift!!
Well done on your first project!!

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.