Snippets of life


I received this week some very beautiful hand dyed cotton from Melissa at Rainbow Made. I'm knitting up some dishcloths using this famous pattern.






My heart flutters when I look at this photo.



We have so many tomatoes this year. These ones are partially oven dried and sitting in olive oil for sandwiches, salads, pasta etc.


                                                 The love affair with books continues.



Have you tried achachas yet? They're really good! A little like a mangosteen in flavour and Australian grown. We've been getting them at an Asian market  where everything is fresh and cheap.

Today I'm working on a dress for an out of sorts 6 year old, knitting dishcloths, then there is that unfinished painting, embroidery and pattern to write up. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

pop any surplus tomatoes in the freezer, skin on and make sauce in the winter.

Gill in Canada

Kelly Casanova said...

Thanks Gill, I didn't know you could do that.

baukje said...

Those homegrown tomatoes look delicious, I can even smell them. !!!!! And that embroidery flower....... so LOVELY

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

What a wonderful glimpse into your day and the activities you do. Had never heard of achachas. They sound delicious. The tomatoes make me look forward to summer (it's winter here).

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.