New play clothes


I made some much needed warm play clothes for the girls. This is what I like - simple and quick sewing with a cute result. I actually get a lot of clothes sewn up in my mind, but sadly not many in reality!

I modified the Miss Madeline dress pattern to make long tops with 3/4 sleeves.
The leggings are from a very easy Simplicity pattern.




This little one hasn't quite got her "camera smile" figured out yet!

The fabric was all on special at Spotlight. I find knits really easy to work with these days, providing they don't have too much stretch. I usually look for cotton with about 5% lycra or similar.

I'll be making more of these, the girls find them so comfortable too.

5 comments:

Nell said...

I've always shied away from knits thinking them too tricky to work with - what's your secret? What sort of machine needle do you use?

Therese said...

I also haven't liked sewing with knits much except for sewing jumpers. I may have a go at sewing some leggings too.

Linda said...

This is very inspiring! I want to make clothes for my little ones too. Now that the weather is cooling down here in South Africa... You have made beautiful items:)
Warmly
Linda

Unknown said...

i really love her "camera" smile, my kids did the same thing for such a long time it makes me laugh.
nice sewing, gotta love quick and easy...

Gill - That British Woman said...

I too am frightened about sewing with knits, so would love tips.

The girls clothes are great.

Gill in Canada

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.