This one's a keeper!


I'm always on the lookout for a good bread recipe. In my travels I've found there are many bad recipes and just a few gems. This one comes under the latter category. It's the Basic No- Knead recipe from "My Bread" by Jim Lahey. His method is like no other I've tried before, though some of the ideas and techniques are the same. I read the whole book as it was so interesting to read about his life leading up to now.


One word. Marvellous!
It's a long process but so worth it. Think delicious, Italian artisan and gourmet. Drizzled with extra virgin olive oil, it is absolutely dreamy. My husband said it tasted like it had been baked in a wood fired oven.
My loaf vanished within hours. 
The only downside would be if you have difficulty chewing a dense crust, it gives the jaws a workout.



2 comments:

zofia said...

How could I not follow?
That bread looks amazing!!

The Handmaden said...

Zofia, you're the best!!

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.