It started with one...




It always starts with one. One little hand sewn wool felt bear. "Oh, how cute!" says happy child as said bear is whisked away for a game. Sure enough, in a relatively short period of time, another little face appears beside me. "Mum, bear - make?" She may have a limited vocabulary but she knows what she wants! Once again, said bear is whisked away.
Then the bears need "friends" to play with.
Then Mum opens her big mouth and suggests that, given there are now 3 bears a game of Goldilocks could be an option.
"But Mum, we don't have a Goldilocks!" they chime with shining eyes.

It always starts with one......

6 comments:

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

That's sweet, i often make things for my children & it's nice when they love what you do!! I think creative brains are so much fun to shape. My 4 ended up to be academic, althetic & excel at art. First question the teachers ask at parent/ teacher night is "what is your background??" lovely compliment, ace parenting. Love Posie

Kylie said...

Oh they are super sweet - looking forward to seeing Goldilocks - will she have woollen har I wonder:)

ayelet(nishale) said...

You are the BEST dear!!!!!
now I wait for Goldilocks.....
and yes, it always starts with one...
Hugs
Ayelet

Therese said...

they are so cute. I might have a go at making some.

Kelly Casanova said...

Therese, I'd be more than happy to put up a tutorial for these, it's a simple design and easy to make. Good for the children to learn stitching the outline too.

Therese said...

Kelly,

That would be great.

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.